Wednesday 2 July 2014

The Big Attic Attack

Wednesday 2 July 2014
I don't know about everyone else but our attic seems to be never ending piles of stuff, the sort of stuff people decide they no longer want but instead of chucking it out or giving it to a charity shop they just put it in a box in the attic and lock it away to live with dustballs and spiders for the rest of its existence. Well we have lived in our house now for ten years. When we moved in we didn't have much stuff, but we had a nice big attic spread across four rooms. Somehow that space seems offense and it appears to have been slowly filled with so much stuff you wouldn't even believe. I think with people with fairly average sized attics they eventually would run out of space and maybe have to find new places or be more selective but we've never had that problem. So now when we come to dramatically downsize to a house that doesn't even have an attic - we are left with a mountain of hoarder style collections that were long ago forgotten.

Fortunately, as every cloud has a silver lining, this one came in the form of some beautiful treasures!


Including these old lamp stands. My mum told me she is actually planning on making some vintage theme lamps when she has the time, so I will link you to her Ebay/Etsy page when she gets round to it! I just thought they were really sweet as they were in a little box! I also found this chair, it's so tiny and lovely and would be perfect in a little nursery but unfortunately my boyfriend accidentally broke it so it had to be thrown away! It was clearly unsafe and on its way out anyway, but still very cute!


The picture on the right is a toy I had when I was just a kid, I found it and I think its just adorable! he's a little rough around the edges but still workable and beautiful! The wheels are even still in full working order! I was so happy that he survived being stored among all those spiders and dustballs! The picture on the left is of an old book with people in Victorian clothing, the images seem to have all been hand drawn! So perfect. Then on top is a little 'Players' cigarette tin and despite not being a smoker I might have to keep my sewing bits in here!


Then I found this cute little brown box, inside it has a real pearl necklace (so gorgeous) which despite me loving I might have to sell as I really would never wear it and have no space for it. On top is a roll of lovely grey ribbon, I love my ribbons and I found quite a few as well as three large bags of assorted vintage buttons (literally amazing for crafty people) which I might have to do little giveaways and keep nicer ones as pressies for my lovely crafty new penpals!


This has been by far my best find. This little original camera with its original little booklet and leather case was in perfect condition! I don't know if it will take pictures but I am going to take it into the camera shop monday and see what the experts say! Hopefully I can get some film for it as I'd love to see what sort of pictures I could take! It's a Kodak King Penguin and apparently it's worth around £60-100 for just the camera! I don't think I'd be willing to part with it even for that amount!





If you want to see more, or you maybe want to buy something the ebay page for our house sale is here 

I'd love to here about your treasures that you've found? Or see pictures of your little cute things! Comment below with them to share the vintage love!


1 comment:

  1. How delightful! The camera is fabulous - I love old cameras, and even though they're not as convenient as new ones you can often get really great pictures from them if they're in good condition.

    I know the attic-hoarding tendency only too well - two years ago we had to remove 168 boxes from our attic to get insulation installed, and afterwards I refused to put them back up there, so two rooms upstairs are packed with boxes floor to ceiling. I can only hope I find some nice little gems like you have here!

    (Oh, I came here via Vinted, btw - I'm satisunshinegal.)

    ReplyDelete

Summer Days © 2014