Thursday 3 July 2014

How to Make Marshmallow Brownies!

Thursday 3 July 2014


I'm not the best cook in the world, but one thing I've been told I can't be faulted upon is my baking. I love baking, especially the results afterwards that do no justice to my waist line (oh well). In the picture above it is difficult to see the marshmallows, but I assure you they are in the there and they make the brownies taste a billion times better! I have also experimented with melting the marshmallows on top of the brownies (this is also amazing) and making brownie/marshmallow sandwiches (literally make brownies and then take one brownie put some marshmallows on top and put them in the oven like with cheese on toast then remove and place another brownie on top!)

You Will Need! 
400g caster sugar
225g butter (softened)
60g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 eggs
225g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
a handful of marshmallows.

Method: 
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl by hand or using a mixer (the mixture may be a little lumpy that's fine!)
3. Pour mixture into a 23x33cm greased baking tin (I suggest using butter to grease as I feel it makes the brownies taste better/works better. Also there is some room for adjustment on the tin size but don't go too much smaller otherwise your brownies will end up like biscuits!
4. Bake in the oven for 20-35 minutes, check them by inserting a butter knife in the center if it comes away clean they are ready.
5. Leave brownies to cool before attempting to take them out of the baking tray. (about 20 minutes or more)
6. Cut them into sections remove and enjoy with a nice cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Days © 2014